NEXT TRAINING DATE: to be determined
This training for psychologists/
Next date to be determined
9:30 AM – 4:30 PM EST
Register online at: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/368225180427
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS IN TREATMENT OF EATING DISORDERS WHEN WORKING WITH ATHLETES OR ATHLETIC INDIVIDUALS
1-DAY TRAINING FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS, PSYCHOTHERAPISTS AND MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONERS
Hosted by: Dare to Fuel Performance – Jodie Richardson, PhD, psychologist, Alexia de Macar, PhD, Sport & Performance Dietitian
COST: 245$+tx (early bird until Jan 6th), 295$+tx (regular fee)
This training is for psychologists, psychotherapists and mental health practitioners who have experience in the treatment of eating disorders and want to learn how to tailor treatment to work with an athletic clientele. This training will help you understand best practices that take into consideration the unique reality and complicating factors that confront athletes and performers.
1. Better understand the culture of different sports and performing arts.
2. Understand the typical presentations of eating disorders in athletes and how they differ from non-athletes.
3. Define the sometimes subtle differences between performance-driven behavior and eating-disordered behaviour.
4. Understand how to effectively manage exercise and training using guidelines and collaboration with the treatment team.
5. Learn how to work most effectively with a treatment team (MD & sports dietitian) as well as the Integrated Support Team (IST) when needed.
6. Understand the athlete identity and how it may affect the treatment process in both current and former athletes.
7. Fully comprehend the importance of a trauma-informed practice when working with this clientele.
OPQ credits: This training is recognized by the Ordre des psychologues du Québec (OPQ) for a total of 6 continuing education credits.
Cancellation Policy: If you wish to cancel your registration, a refund can be issued up to 30 days prior to the training date (Eventbrite’s service fee must be paid by the participant).