• Mindspace – Private psychology clinic offering mindfulness-based and cognitive behavioral therapies, as well as mindfulness workshops for the public and training for professionals.
• True North Insight - Charitable organization offering meditation courses and retreats in English and French.
• Motive Nutrition - A Montreal-based wellness company, founded by registered dietician Vanessa Perrone, specializing in nutrition counselling, online wellness programs, and healthy workshops and events. A real food approach is taken, which embraces nutrient-packed, minimally processed, whole foods, with a focus on mindful eating.
• Beauty Refined: 5-Step Game Plan to Feel Better About Your Body. Check out this article for tips on how to feel better about your body and counter the not-so-body-positive messages we are bombarded with every day!
• There’s More to Life Than Being Happy. This article explores what it means to lead a meaningful life and how giving oneself to others, experiencing negative events and suffering, and having a clearly defined purpose contribute to meaning.
+ Audio and Podcasts
• Guided Meditations – Various free downloadable audio guided meditations by Tara Brach.
• Guided Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction - Free audio guides to support your mindfulness practice, provided by the University of California San Diego Centre for Mindfulness.
• Guided Mindfulness Meditation: Practices with Jon Kabat-Zinn – Guided mindfulness meditation with Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn.
+ Blogs posts
• Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose: The Science of What Motivates Us, Animated (Maria Popova) – Explores the question of how to avoid meaningless labor and instead find fulfilling work.
• Busy-ness is Laziness (Dr. Reggie Ray) – An interesting article on the benefits of meditation and how “busy-ness” gets in the way.
+ Mobile Apps
• CBT-i Coach – App geared towards treating insomnia based on cognitive behavioural therapy that seeks to change sleeping habits and scheduling factors, as well as misconceptions about sleep and insomnia.
• Headspace – App that makes learning and practicing mindfulness and meditation techniques convenient and easy.
• Mindshift - An app for teens and young adults designed to help with anxiety. You will learn how to relax, develop more helpful ways of thinking, and take active steps in reducing anxiety.
• MyCBT – Guides you through a series of behavioural, cognitive, and emotional activities designed to overcome common mental health problems.
• OMG I can meditate – Simple meditation and relaxation techniques that can be used wherever and whenever you may need them that take only 10 minutes a day.
• Pocket CBT – Thought records and thought challenging in an easy-to-use, convenient format. Commonly used to treat depression and anxiety.
+ Videos and Vodcasts
• Brene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability - Cited as being one of the most successful Ted talks of all time. This is a powerful and engaging talk on living a fuller life by allowing ourselves to be authentic and vulnerable.
• Headstuck! What is Experiential Avoidance? - This short video talks about why trying to avoid our difficult thoughts and feelings often backfires and keeps us “stuck” in unhelpful patterns of thought, emotion, and behaviour.
• Understanding Pain in less than 5 minutes, and what to do about it! - This easy-to-follow video will help you gain a better understanding of chronic pain.
*Check out our Mental Health and Support Services, Health Professionals and Educators, and Workplace Wellness and Performance sections for more books!
• The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We do in Life and Business (Charles Duhigg) - Explains why habits exist and how they can be changed. Argues that the key to exercising regularly, losing weight, being more productive, and achieving success is understanding how habits work.