• ACT Made Simple: An Easy-To-Read Primer on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Russ Harris) – A session-by-session guide to start using acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) with your clients. Includes scripts, exercises, metaphors, and worksheets.
• Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: Basics and Beyond (Judith Beck) - The leading text for students and practicing therapists who want to learn the fundamentals of cognitive behavior therapy.
• Cognitive Therapy for Adolescents in School Settings (Creed, Reisweber, and Beck) - This book demonstrate specific therapeutic techniques that have been used successfully in a school setting. Strategies are illustrated for engaging adolescents in therapy, rapidly creating an effective case conceptualization, and addressing a range of clinical issues and stressors frequently experienced in grades 6–12.
• Cognitive Therapy for Challenging Problems: What to Do When the Basics Don’t Work (Judith Beck) - Judith Beck addresses what to do when a client is not making progress in therapy (CBT). She provides practical, step-by-step guidance on conceptualizing and solving frequently encountered problems, whether in developing and maintaining the therapeutic alliance or in accomplishing specific therapeutic tasks.
• Mindfulness for Two: An Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Approach to Mindfulness in Psychotherapy (Kelly Wilson) - A practical and theoretical guide to the role mindfulness plays in psychotherapy, specifically acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
• Motivational Interviewing in Health Care: Helping Patients Change Behavior (Rollnick, Miller, and Butler) – A guide for health care professionals to help improve communication with patients and guide them in making choices to improve their health (weight loss, exercise, medication adherence, smoking) and well-being.
+ LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS
• Association des Psychologues du Québec – Mandate is to defend the rights and promote the interests of its members; promote excellence, development and integrity of psychological services; and ensure the advancement of psychology as a profession, art, and science, and as a means of promoting human welfare.
• Coalition for Access to Psychotherapy (CAP) - Mandate is to widen access to psychotherapy in Quebec. CAP believes that psychotherapy services should be available under the public healthcare system to all people suffering from mental illness who would benefit from such services.
• Ordre des Psychologues du Québec (OPQ) – Professional association of psychologists in Quebec. Mandate is to protect the public by ensuring the quality of services provided by members, promote the development of the profession, and defend the accessibility of psychological services.
+ ONLINE RESOURCES
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Resources – Acceptance and commitment therapy resources for the public and professionals.
• Anxiety BC – Cognitive behavioural therapy resource documents in printable PDF formats with helpful “how to” tips for managing anxiety.
• Canadian Mental Health Association, Montreal branch - Programs, resources, and publications related to mental health.
• Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) – Cognitive behavioral therapy resources and handouts for the public and professionals.
• Psychology Fact Sheets - Brief descriptions of mental health issues and treatment approaches.
• Psychology Tools - A variety of resources for the public and professionals, for a range of therapies and mental health issues.