Dates: Fri. Jan. 13 and Sat. Jan. 14, 2017
LOCATION: Connecte Montreal Psychology Group, 4203 Saint Catherine Street West
Westmount, QC, H3Z 1P6.
TIME: 8:45am – 4:45 pm
TRAINER: Dr. Lisa Linardatos
Training will be offered in English.
EARLY BIRD: $375 + tax (up to Dec. 13, 2016)
REGULAR: $425 + tax
STUDENT: $250 + tax
To register, Please click on the paypal button below.
Treating Bulimia Nervosa in Adults:
Assessment and Treatment Tools from a CBT Perspective
This workshop is approved by the OPQ for 14 hours of continuing education credits (RA01866-16).
Promising treatments for Bulimia Nervosa exist, such as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) (Kass et al., 2013), but require specialized training. As a result, many psychologists lack the skills and feel intimated by the challenge of treating Bulimia Nervosa, and access to care for people who are suffering from Bulimia Nervosa remains limited (Kass et al., 2013). Moreover, Bulimia Nervosa is a potentially life threatening condition, with a mortality rate of about 2 %, and a lifetime prevalence rate of 1 - 1.5 % (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). Through this training, I hope to help psychologists gain more tools in treating Bulimia Nervosa, therefore increasing access to care. This training is most relevant for psychologists who have little to no experience assessing and treating Bulimia Nervosa and would like to further their skills. The training will be limited to approximately 15-20 participants.
- Identify and assess Bulimia Nervosa in clients.
- Recognize and explain the factors that lead to the development of Bulimia Nervosa.
- Describe and apply appropriate treatment tools.
Dr. Lisa Linardatos specializes in treating clients with Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder. She uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and draws from mindfulness-based therapies including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT).
Cancellation and reimbursement policy:
- Connecte Montreal Psychology Group reserves the right to cancel because of low registration, and in this case a full refund will be provided.
- If a participant cancels more than 2 weeks before the training, an administrative fee of $50 will be retained.
- If a participant cancels within 2 weeks prior to the training, a 50% refund will be given to the participant.
- No refund will be made within 5 days prior to the training.
4203 Saint Catherine Street West
Westmount, QC, H3Z 1P6
T: (514) 507-0745
F: (514) 903-0118
Twitter: @connecteMTL Facebook: @connectepsychology